The 2011 MET Gala: Blake Lively in Chanel

Last night, it was time for the annual MET Costume Institute Gala. This year, the MET paid tribute to the late Alexander McQueen. Personally, I was looking very much looking forward to seeing a few selected celebrities in McQueen's designs, and to see how the others interpreted and were inspired by the late designer. The late Isabella Blow once described McQueen and his designs as: "He's a wild bird and I think he makes clothes fly." I think this is a very fitting description of the genius that McQueen was, and therefore I am going to say that I was slightly disappointed in the dresses that were seen last night as people had the chance to go all crazy McQueen-style. However, there were a few outstanding pieces, which I will post, so keep checking back later today for more updates.

One of the outfits that I loved, was Blake Lively in Chanel Haute Couture. She looked like a divine goddess, in my opinion. And Karl Lagerfeld by her side really upped her look. Karl can make any woman look fabulous.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What do you think of Blake in Chanel?

Image Source: vogue.co.uk via The Fashion Spot