McQueen SS ´11

Yesterday held a few of the runway shows which I have been looking forward to. First it was Chanel, then Valentino and at last Alexander McQueen. Well, to be honest, I had actually been fearing the McQueen show a little, as the loss of Alexander Lee McQueen is a very huge one in my opinion. It must be an extremely difficult task to take over for such a one-of-a-kind fashion genius as he was. But I have to admit that Sarah Burton impressed me yesterday with her designs. A lot of the graphic prints and the tailoring carried a strong McQueen presence, and at the same time she managed to give it her own little personal touch by bringing it out of the nightmarish world that Alexander McQueen often brought into his shows. I am glad she did not try to copy him in that way, as I do not think anyone could create such a beautiful and inspiring world out of one that is so psychologically dark.

One of my favourite pieces from the show is this black leaf dress. I love that it is off the shoulders, and the four belts in the waist is amazing. I hope to see it on a celebrity, and it must be someone daring. Any suggestions to who could wear it?

PARIS - OCTOBER 05: A model walks the runway during the Alexander McQueen Ready to Wear Spring/Summer 2011 show during Paris Fashion Week at on October 5, 2010 in Paris, France. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

PARIS - OCTOBER 05: A detail of a model as she walks the runway during the Alexander McQueen Ready to Wear Spring/Summer 2011 show during Paris Fashion Week at on October 5, 2010 in Paris, France. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

Source: picapp.com