The 10 Best Dressed of the Week

There have been a lot of beautiful dresses out and about this week, and that suits me just fine as I adore dresses. They're one my favourite pieces of clothing (together with the blazer and a pair of fitted skinny jeans). A lot of stylish women are featured on this list, for instance Sienna Miller, Carey Mulligan and Keira Knightley - one of them with a very high ranking indeed. Read on to find out who.

10. Hilary Swank in New York before appearing on the Late Show with David Letterman

46111, NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Wednesday October 13, 2010. Hilary Swank arrives at the Ed Sullivan Theater in NYC to appear on the Late Show With David Letterman . Photograph:  PacificCoastNews.com

The reason why I added Hilary Swank to the list is mainly because of her amazing heels. And also how lovely the colour of the heels works together with the colour of her dress. There's something missing in this outfit, and in my opinion it's a chunky statement bracelet.

9. Sarah Jessica Parker out and about in New York

46092, NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Wednesday October 13 2010. Sarah Jessica Parker is Sexy in the City as she drops her son James off at school wearing a striking blue velvet coat. The actress turned up the glamour factor for her daily school run. Photograph: Wagner Az, PacificCoastNews.com

After seeing this photo of Sarah Jessica Parker, I added "an electric blue coat" to my "have to buy" list. I just love love love it! I like the way she teams it with a bright red bag and a short, tight jersey dress. I adore when SJP sports a Carrie outfit in her real life.

8. Anna Paquin attending Spike TV's Scream 2010

Anna Paquin during SPIKE TV's SCREAM 2010, held at the Greek Theatre, on October 16, 2010, in Los Angeles. Photo: Michael Germana Star Max Photo via Newscom


This printed dress is gorgeous, and just right for Anna Paquin. I think her best looks are when she goes a bit edgy. I also love how she wears chunky, simple bracelets on both wrists

7. Keira Knightley attending a photocall for "Never Let Me Go"

Photo by: DP/AAD/starmaxinc.com  2010  10/13/10 Keira Knightley at a photocall for Never Let Me Go during the London Film Festival. (London, England)  Photo via Newscom


Fresh from the Rodarte S/S 2011 collection is this ensemble that Keira Knightley wore during the London Film Festival this week. I must say that I adore how Rodarte have combined the beige-brown lace with the blue and white printed silk. It's such an exciting combination.

6. Sienna Miller hosting the opening of Esquire House LA

Photo by: Quasar/starmaxinc.com 2010  10/15/10 Sienna Miller at the grand opening of Esquire House. (Los Angeles, CA) Photo via Newscom


I have already posted this outfit worn by Sienna, but I love her Nina Ricci dress so much that she ends up on the list anyway. The thing that I love the most about it is the way it clutches her waist, and also the pencil skirt. Such a feminine dress.



5. Carey Mulligan attending the photocall for "Never Let Me Go"

Photo by: DP/AAD/starmaxinc.com  2010  10/13/10 Carey Mulligan at a photocall for Never Let Me Go during the London Film Festival. (London, England)  Photo via Newscom


I absolutely adore Carey Mulligan in this mustard dress by Proenza Schouler. The colour suits her superbly. The black patent heels are so perfect for this dress, and I agree with her choice of not wearing any accessories. I think it have spoilt the expression of the dress.

4. Kate Bosworth attending the opening of Esquire House LA

Photo by: Quasar/starmaxinc.com 2010  10/15/10 Kate Bosworth at the grand opening of Esquire House. (Los Angeles, CA) Photo via Newscom

I talked about this dress in the same post as the Nina Ricci dress worn by Sienna, but this was to good to leave out. I really like it when Kate Bosworth goes all quirky - it's a look that suits her so well! And she gets extra points for wearing such a bold dress together with bright red lips.

3. Hilary Duff before attending Live with Regis and Kelly show

Actress Hilary Duff arrived at the ABC studios in New York City, New York on October 12, 2010 to promote her new book Elixir on the Live with Regis and Kelly show.  Fame Pictures, Inc


I am not really a big fan of Hilary Duff's style, but sometimes she wears things that really grab my attention. This dress did exactly that. It is perfect for her figure, and the cut of the dress is so classic. The beige patent heels are perfect with the dress.

2. Eva Mendes attending the Environmental Media Awards 2010

EVA MENDES arrives for the Environmental Media Awards 2010 on the Warner Brothers Studio Lot. © Red Carpet Pictures


Eva Mendes looks incredible here. She always wears the most amazing dresses! I find her always so chic, classy and sexy. She's one of my favourite clients of Rachel Zoe. And don't you just love the midnight blue heels and clutch together with the dress? I do!

1. Keira Knightley attending the London premiere of "Never Let Me Go"

Photo by: KGC68/starmaxinc.com  2010  10/13/10 Keira Knightley at the premiere of Never Let Me Go during the London Film Festival. (London, England)  Photo via Newscom


I decided to award Keira Knightley with the first place this week because a) She's a wearing a stunning Chanel dress, b) Her style has become much more refined after her little break from the spotlight, c) Her new haircut is so nice and d) She's wearing an incredibly stunning Chanel dress!!!

Source: picapp.com