Hello, Lovely Yellow Dress

You could say that I have a mild addiction to yellow (I guess you could cross out mild, and replace it with the word strong!). Especially the light, soothing pastel shade of the colour. I have to admit that I still, sometimes, obsess over a gorgeous dress in a lovely sunny yellow that Mischa Barton wore back in 2006. It is the perfect dress for throwing on for running errands, looking both relaxed and chic. However, this post is not about Mischa Barton or the perfect everyday yellow dress. This post is about the stunning dress designed by Italian designer, Fausto Puglisi, worn here by Anna Dello Russo.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The dress is from Puglisi's S/S 2011 collection. The designer was chosen by Dolce & Gabbana to take part in their early designer's project, which earned him a place in the concept department store, Via Spiga 2. One can say that Anna Dello Russo is just excited by Fausto Puglisi as her friends, Domenico and Stefano. It is not only the fresh, vibrant colour (or the beautiful shape of the dress itself!) that I love so much. The gold details ooze of such power and gives off such a strong attitude - which is something I find so amazing. Fausto explained his use of gold to vogue.it: "In particular I am attracted to gold: from the Roman empire to mafia iconography, from Damien Hirst to Napoleon, from army uniforms to madonnas' mantles; I am fascinated by the possibility of incorporating in my clothes that fierce power that gold has given to the personalities of those historic periods." Oh, lovely, LOVELY dress, won't you come my way?

Image Source: Mr. Newton