The French Way

After weeks of pure relaxation and blissful days and nights, both in Spain (the tapas, the sangria & the sun!) and in France (the wine, the endless lunches & the shopping!), I am back home. The one thing that strikes me every time I stay in France I am in awe of how elegant and stylish many French women dress and carry themselves. The thing I find most inspiring is how comfortable they seem in their own skin, something that then again leads to laidback confidence in everything they wear. I am a 100% sure that you know what I am talking about, but to enhance the image think of Clemence Poésy, Vanessa Paradis, Jane Birkin, Catherine Deneuve and last, but not least, Emmanuelle Alt.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In an interview back in March this year, Emmanuelle Alt told Hilary Alexander that her uniform consists of skinny jeans from J.Brand, Acne or TopShop, teamed together with T-shirts, cashmere sweaters from Ralph Lauren or Prada. A Balmain jacket, a vintage fur or black heels are never far away. "Nonchalant, cool chic is the Alt attitude," Alexander states. I believe that this is an essential attitude that many French women possess. Their style is timeless, chic and simplistic - and I think that I will be crushing on French women's outfits forever, and secretly dreaming of moving to Paris one day to become one of them.

Image Source: Stockholm Streetstyle