The Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton in McQueen

I know that I was not the only one who held by breath for slightly too long when Kate Middleton stepped out of the car in front of Westminster Abbey earlier today. And she was an absolute dream! An elegant, stunning and incredible bride. A perfect princess taken straight out of the most wonderful fairy tale. Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen created an exquisite gown, and I love how it reminds me of Grace Kelly's wedding dress.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Designers gave their praise to Sarah Burton's design. Karl Lagerfeld stated that "She (Kate Middleton) is very elegant. The dress is classic and goes very well in the Westminster decor. It almost reminds me of (Queen) Elizabeth's wedding, the royal weddings in the Fifties. The proportion of the train is good. The lace is very pretty. I like the veil a lot."

Christian Lacroix exclaimed: "I like the dress very much, simpler than expected: A combination just in between 1956 Grace Kelly and 1947 Queen Elizabeth dress. I love the modest veil with the Queen Mother's Thirties scroll tiara and balanced volume of the whole gown. She's radiant; she never was so beautiful."

What do you think of the Kate Middleton's wedding gown?

Image Source: The Fashion Spot